- By robellis
- In SEO
- Tags Google Keyword planner, GT Metrix, hootsuite, SEO, SEO Tools, Universal Google Analytics, w3 total cache, wordpress, Yoast SEO
Here are a few SEO tools and WordPress SEO plugins I use to get a decent page rank on the websites I build. SEO does take time, but if you do your research, have a plan for your website and the niche market you want to target, the following SEO tools will help you bring traffic to your website.
PILLARS OF A GOOD WEBSITE
- Organized – Easy to use/navigate
- CONTENT – relevant, unique, hand-written and USEFUL content
- Fast – slow kills in the SEO wold, see my speed comments above
SEO TOOLS I USE
- Google Analytics / Piwik / HotJar – if you’re terrified of google use one of the other two
- Google keyword planner – crucial in the beginning for keyword research.
- Google Trends – useful to see if your niche is dying or growing
- Google / Bing Webmaster Tools – Core info, also make sure you are not facing any penalties
- http://Wincher.com – SERP rank tracker, only 6 euro (swedich company) a month to track unlimited SERP ranks for your website
- http://Serpwoo.com – keyword finder tool is free (limited # of searches)
- http://gtmetrix.com/ – Website speed test
- http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/ – Website speed test
- http://www.webpagetest.org/ – yet another website speed test
- http://www.portent.com/tools/title-maker – Content idea generator, sometimes writing is hard, this helps get you going
- https://readability-score.com/ – make sure the pleebs can understand what you’re saying.
- http://openlinkprofiler.org/ – free backlink checker
- https://ahrefs.com – backlink tool
- http://www.feedthebot.com/ – audit of your website for basic googlebot compliance
ESSENTIAL WORDPRESS PLUGINS:
I love these tools, they make wordpress websites better, faster and more usable. The amount of time and energy these plugins save is amazing.
- Yoast SEO – better than all in one, I was reluctant to make the switch but glad I did
- Table of Contents Plus – Long articles should have a table of contents this helps a ton
- WP Twitter Autopost – All posts are automatically tweeted. ( I also use hootsuite to post to twitter, facebook and instgram)
- W3 Total Cache – IThe best caching tool
- Breadcrumb NavXT – Google and users like breadcrumbs, you should too
- Use Google Libraries – Speeds up load times, loads jQuery from googles servers not yours = faster.