- August 29, 2021
Rob Ellis is a Digital Marketing Manager with 15-years’ experience in the eCommerce and web development industry. I excel in SEO, responsive design and content management systems.
Hatch – Mississauga, ON
Digital Marketing Manager July 2011 – Present
Responsible for managing the corporate website (English, French, Spanish), WordPress & eCommerce sites, dev, qa, production servers, corporate email newsletters, domains and interacting on a daily basis with graphic designers, marketing managers, and .Net developers. I have extensive knowledge of Sitecore 9.2, that includes Sitecore installation on CM and CD servers.
- Created the first eCommerce site for Hatch to sell software online. Integrated a license manager to automate software licenses
- Sitecore 9.2 System Administrator, WordPress Guru
- Responsible for quarterly email newsletter creation and deployment using Sitecore EXM
- Manage and train Sitecore content authors ensuring content is published correctly
- Manage our WordPress sites and train the content authors
- Consult with .Net Developers on Sitecore enhancements
- Work with Marketing Managers on content and campaigns for web pages
- Monitoring and reporting on website traffic and performance
- Reviewing and providing Search Engine Optimization
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with existing web applications and websites
Higher Definition – Oakville, ON
Web Content Coordinator February 2006 – July 2011
I was team lead and managed the programmers, graphic designers and copywriters.
- Researching and formatting information gathered from business partners.
- Performing as a technical writer for web content and using seo strategies and keywords for ranking in google /bing / yahoo search engines
- Coordinate web projects to the programmers, graphic designers and copywriters
- Creation of Web Content for 3 E-commerce websites
- Track and report on all site metrics – Keyword Analysis
- Web Page Optimization: Meta Tags, Content optimization, Code optimization, Alt Tag optimization, Title Tag optimization and Hyperlinked Tag optimization.
- Train team members to work according to the quality of the website and the company E-commerce policies.
Plastics America – Oakville, ON
Web Content Producer September 2003 – February 2006
Maintained and created webpages on Dreamweaver website. Created PDF’s, upgraded any hardware or software as needed and fixed any other IT related problem.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Search Engine Optimization ( SEO ), Google Adsense, Google Analytics, Keyword Research, Google Data Studio
- Proficient with Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Content Management Systems ( Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Sharepoint, Sitecore )
- I have excellent skills with all Microsoft Office Programs.
- Wide knowledge of browser and platform compatibility issues
- Windows Server, IIS
E-Commerce Web Developer Diploma 2003
Trios College of Information Technology
Sitecore Security Administrator certificate
Sharepoint 2010 certificate
IIS 7.5 certificate
Google Data Studio